Declare a Major

Contact the chair of that department. He/she will email Susan Martin (copying the old and new advisor) with the following information:

  • Your name
  • Major
  • Track/Concentration if appropriate
  • Degree
  • New advisor

Declare a Minor

Simply email Susan Martin with your intended minor(s).

Add or Drop a Class

Have your advisor AND the instructors of your dropped/added course(s) email Academic Records with approval.

ALL ATHLETES must inform Academic Records that they are athletes whenever they wish to change their schedules so that we may check for continued eligibility.

Get Proof of Enrollment

Email Academic Records with the information you need and where you need it sent.

Order a Transcript

Complete the Transcript Request form available:

Take More than 18 Credits in a Semester

Submit an Academic Petition.

Substitute a Major/Minor/Concentration Requirement

Have the chair of the deparment email Susan Martin with approval of the substitution.

Take a Course at Another School

You will need to submit a Non-Houghton Course Prior Approval Form to Academic Records prior to enrolling in the course. If the course is for major/minor/concentration credit, the form must be signed by the chair of that department.

Once you complete the course, have the school mail an official transcript directly to this address:

Academic Records
Houghton College
Houghton, NY 14744


Withdraw from School

Contact Sharon Mulligan to discuss your withdrawal. 

Back To Top