Back To Top
How to Deal with Stress
Remove yourself from the stressful situation
- Give yourself a break if only for a few moments daily
Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Try to prioritize a few truly important things and let the rest slide.
Set realistic goals for yourself
- Reduce the number of events going on in your life and you may reduce the overload
Don’t overwhelm yourself
- Don’t fret about your entire workload; handle each task as it comes, or selectively deal with matters in some priority
Try to “use” stress
- If you can’t fight what’s bothering you and you can’t flee from it, flow with it and try to use it in a productive way
More Stress-Fighting Tips:
- Build a Master Schedule.
- Make daily “TO DO” lists.
- Plan Ahead!
- Create deadlines.
- Stop when a task is 95% perfect. The last 5% will take double the time.
Develop Good Time Habits
- Take regular short study breaks.
- Wait to reward yourself until you meet a goal.
- Be productive while waiting, carry work with you (flash cards, crib sheets, etc).
- Have regular times with the Lord.
- Try an unpleasant task for 5 minutes. (If you start you’ll generally finish.)
- Break a job into parts and tackle them one by one.