We are already anticipating the start of the next semester and hope you are excited about beginning your studies at Houghton College. Declaring your course preferences is one of the steps required to prepare for starting at Houghton. This webpage outlines how you can initiate the process so please read the instructions carefully. For incoming transfer students, please see the special note below.
Special note for music majors: you need to have completed the appropriate process with the Greatbatch School of Music in order to pursue music as a course of study at Houghton College. If you have not already been in touch with them, please review the information in the link provided below and take action as needed.
You may find the following resources helpful as you navigate the course selection process:
- Online Academic Catalog (course descriptions)
- Integrative Studies (general education requirements)
- Degree Audit Sheets (requirements for particular majors)
- Course Offerings (list of available courses)
First-Year Students: Course Selection Form
- This form allows you to request courses for your first semester. Because some courses have limited openings, please select several in each category. Openings fill on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Consult our online course catalog to view course descriptions for individual classes. Just click on the name of the department (art, business, music, etc.) to view course descriptions for that area.
Once you have declared your course preferences, our Academic Records Office will put together a preliminary course schedule for you based on your stated preferences. You can then either accept the preliminary schedule or request changes in order for your courses to be officially selected for your first semester. Instructions for requesting changes will be provided when you receive your preliminary course schedule
If you are an incoming transfer student (you have previously matriculated as a full-time student elsewhere and you have already submitted your confirmation of enrollment deposit) you can contact James Hutter, Associate Director of Registrar's Office, to sign up for classes
James can be reached at email@example.com.
Questions? Need help completing the forms?
Please contact the Admission Office at 800-777-2556 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending upon your question, a representative from either the Admission Office or the Registrar's Office will assist you. We're looking forward to helping you complete course preferences for courses.