Highlander Wilderness Adventure
The Highlander Wilderness Adventure program is more than just an adventure trip! It is a 2 credit hour course available only to incoming freshman and transfer students.
- The program runs during the last two weeks of August; just prior to the beginning of the first day of Fall classes.
- This unique program will stretch the person physically, socially and spiritually.
- Emphasis is placed upon problem-solving, group interaction and personal reflection, all while living and trekking in the outdoors.
- This program is designed for the average student. No previous outdoor experience is necessary, but at the same time, the most experienced outdoor adventurer should find it challenging and rewarding.
- Program activities include: ropes initiatives course, backpacking, canoeing, rock-climbing, a solo experience and a 5 mile "marathon".
The Highlander Wilderness Adventure goals are that the participants will:
- Experience joy after hardship.
- Learn skills that build self-confidence.
- Develop a network of close friends before school starts.
- Hone problem-solving skills.
- Look inward to self, outward to others and upwards to God.
The Highlander Wilderness Adventure program is intended to be a catalyst for the Highlander process - a process of growth, challenge, and discipleship which finds its beginning long before the program itself and is expected to continue for a lifetime.
- Program begins: Monday, August 13, 2018
- Registration: 1:15 PM at the Nielsen Center (gym)
- Program ends: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 11:00 PM
- Sunday, August 12, 2018, 6:00PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, August 13, 2018, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Cost: $700.00* ($50 non-refundable deposit and application is due by July 1, 2018)
Total cost of the program can be billed throughout the year as part of the Tuition Payment System rather than a one-time payment.
*Your Highlander Wilderness Adventure application will not be complete nor can it be reviewed until your $300 enrollment deposit to HC has been paid, as well as the $50 Highlander deposit. At that point, registration is limited to a first come first serve basis.
1 Willard Ave.
Houghton, NY 14744