Highlander Wilderness Adventure
The Highlander Wilderness Adventure program is more than just an adventure trip! It is a 2 credit hour course available only to incoming freshman and transfer students.
- The program runs during the last two weeks of August; just prior to the beginning of the first day of Fall classes.
- This unique program will stretch the person physically, socially and spiritually.
- Emphasis is placed upon problem-solving, group interaction and personal reflection, all while living and trekking in the outdoors.
- This program is designed for the average student. No previous outdoor experience is necessary, but at the same time, the most experienced outdoor adventurer should find it challenging and rewarding.
- Program activities include: ropes initiatives course, backpacking, canoeing, rock-climbing, a solo experience and a 5 mile "marathon".
The H.W.A. goals are that the participants will:
- Experience joy after hardship.
- Learn skills that build self-confidence.
- Develop a network of close friends before school starts.
- Hone problem-solving skills.
- Look inward to self, outward to others and upwards to God.
The H.W.A. program is intended to be a catalyst for the Highlander process - a process of growth, challenge, and discipleship which finds its beginning long before the program itself and is expected to continue for a lifetime.
Registration is closed for Fall 2015.
Registration: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 1:15 PM at the Nielsen Center (gym)
Program ends: Thursday, August 27th, 2015 at 11:00 PM
Our apologies for any confusion over the options of early arrival times. The OFFICIAL early arrival times are:
- Sunday, August 16, 2015, 6:00PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, August 17, 2015, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Total cost of the program can be billed throughout the year as part of the Tuition Payment System rather than a one-time payment.
*registration is limited-first come first serve basis
1 Willard Ave.
Houghton, NY 14744