Online Application Trouble-Shooting
If you're in the process of applying online and are having difficulties, follow the instructions below. As always, feel free to connect with your admission counselor directly!
Instructions for Resending Recommendation and/or Transcript Request Form
Follow these instructions to log in to your application and resend your invitations for your Recommendation and/or Transcript Request Forms.
- Log in to your online application.
- On the next page, under the "For others to complete" section, click "Send Invitation" next to the appropriate form.
- Follow the instructions on the next page and you're done!
You can also find PDF versions of these materials on our application documents page.
Trouble with Logging In or Registering for an Account
Some students experience issues registering for an account or logging in to the online application. This might be for a variety of reasons:
- For the life of you, you just can't remember your username and password.
- You're sure, you're using the correct information but it just isn't working (and you're starting to question your sanity).
- You haven't created a username and password before but the online application is telling you that you have (and you're starting to wonder if your identity has been stolen) - see below for an explanation for this*.
The steps below should fix the issue in a snap:
- Go to the online application log in screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the link for "Forgot or having issues with your username and password?"
- On the next screen, enter your email address and click "Email me my Username and Password."
*If you're wondering why the online application would tell you that your email address is already associated with an account and you know that you haven't created one before, don't be alarmed. As a service to students interested in Houghton, we will create an account for you and pre-populate some of the online application based on the information you've sent the college. It is likely that you haven't yet receied the email or the mailing that contains your log in information.
As always, feel free to contact your admission counselor to talk through this process!