Applying to Houghton
Are you ready to apply? As you go through the process, we're here to help answer your questions.
Fall 2013 application deadlines
We all work better with deadlines, right? So while we operate on a rolling admission basis (we accept applications throughout the year), we recommend that you submit your application with the timetable below in mind. And remember: the sooner you complete your application, the sooner you'll hear back from us.
Fall 2013 Application Timeline
|After March 1, 2013
||Rolling Admission and Financial Aid Awards
||After March 1, 2013, the admission office will respond to applications on a rolling basis and will send financial aid packages when a student is admitted and has submitted necessary financial aid applications, such as the FAFSA.
|May 1, 2013
||College Decision Day||May 1 is generally considered the date by which most colleges and universities expect to hear back from you regarding your college choice. Houghton College will continue to accept applications after May 1, 2013 on a rolling basis but it is to a student's advantage to apply early for the best options for financial aid and housing.
Spring 2014 (January) application deadlines
While most students choose to apply for the fall semester, some opt for spring admission. Our second semester starts in January and we are now accepting applications. Since the spring semester starts mid-January, applicants are strongly encouraged to follow the timeline below:
- Early spring 2013 through summer 2013: Start application process by submitting application for admission
- August/September, 2013: Complete application by sending in all required admission materials
- September/October 2013: Submit financial aid documents
- November, 2013: Receive financial aid package
- December 1, 2013: Submit Enrollment Deposit and Housing Form
- December 2013/January 2014: Attend new student orientation for spring students
- January, 2014: Start classes at Houghton!
How to apply
You can apply to Houghton online or on paper. The choice is yours!
Print Application Documents
Have questions about what application documents are required for admission? Take a look at our list here.
Office of Admission
1 Willard Ave
PO Box 128
Houghton, NY 14744-0128