A Christian College of the Liberal Arts & Sciences

Financial Aid for TCKs

Applying for Financial Aid

US citizens must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  We recommend that you complete the FAFSA no later than March 1.

Canadians citizens must complete the Houghton College Canadian Student Financial Aid Application in order to be considered for financial assistance from the college. Dual citizens of the United States and Canada should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) instead.

Grants and Scholarships

 The following is a partial list of financial aid programs available to TCKs and international students.

Academic Scholarships - First-year students may qualify for an Academic Scholarship based on their SAT/ACT score and high school GPA.  See our scholarship chart for details.

James S. Luckey Scholarship - We invite students to apply for one of our three full-tuition awards that honor the legacy of our first president, James S. Luckey.  These awards will be given to select students in a competitive scholarship process.  Students wishing to be considered should demonstrate outstanding academic performance (by qualifying for an academic scholarship), meaningful cocurricular involvement, and active Christian service.

Excellence Scholarships - To help our students explore and expand their interests and gifts, we offer scholarships in music and the arts, science and technology, and global engagement.

Missionary Kid Scholarship - Students whose parents are employed in full-time Christian service as missionaries under the direction of a conference or a mission board may be eligible for the MK Scholarship.  Awards of up to $5,000 per year may be granted based on financial need.

Wesleyan PK/MK Grant - Dependents of ordained Wesleyan ministers or approved Global Partners missionaries currently serving full-time with The Wesleyan Church will receive at least half-tuition in Houghton College grants and scholarships.

On-campus Work Opportunities - There are many jobs available on campus, within specific departments. A social security card is required to obtain work on campus, and Houghton will help international students obtain their card. A student typically works between 8-10 hours per week. 

*More information can be found on our financial aid web page.