Bachelor of Science in Management
- Offers a Bachelor of Science in management in an accelerated degree completion format designed to provide working adults with the knowledge and skills needed for management.
- Combines elements of management, communication, psychology and philosophy, while examining various organizational structures.
- Enhances speaking, writing, and critical thinking skills to prepare students for management positions.
- Promotes learning through classroom instruction, independent study, and interaction with peers.
- Minimum of 64 semester credits transferred from approved colleges and/or post-secondary institutions.
- An overall grade point average of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or higher from previous college work.
- Completion of admission materials (All materials should be sent to the West Seneca Office). Download application documents.
- Plan for Completion (contact enrollment advisor).
- The final decision is made by the Admission Committee.
- A total of 124 credit hours including 37 hours of Houghton course work (the major), and 87 hours of prior learning, which includes a 36 hour general education requirement.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for all courses taken at Houghton, with a grade of C- or better in each core course.
- Credit obtained through experiential learning assessment (up to 24 hours) may be used to satisfy general education requirements or elective credit needs. Guidance is provided by the Program Coordinator.
In keeping with the major objective of the college, to provide a liberal arts education within the framework of the Christian faith, each candidate for the BS degree must complete a minimum distribution of 36 general education credits before graduating.
- (6) Religion and/or Philosophy
- (6) Communications
(18) Humanities and Social Sciences (Maximum six credits from any one discipline.)
(6) Humanities (History, Languages, Literature, Music/Art, Religion/Philosophy)
(3) Social Sciences (Cross-cultural, Economics, Psychology, Sociology)
(9) Additional Humanities and Social Sciences
- (3) Math or Computer Science
- (3) Science