Student Job description
Thank you for your interest in connecting with the alumni and parents of Houghton. As you contact these individuals, it is important to represent yourself and Houghton College well. Please read carefully through the expectations below before becoming involved in Houghton Connect.
- Manage your expectations- This program is intended to help you gather information, and while it will help you in your job search; it is just one step in the job search process.
- Be Patient: You may not hear back immediately from the person you have chosen to contact. Please respect that these alumni and parents have many other commitments both professional and personal.
- Keep things in perspective: You are hearing one person’s opinion/perspective. Be sure to filter any advice using your own judgment.
- Get permission before using a contact’s name to approach another prospective contact, as well as before listing them as a reference.
- Say thank you! A quick note of appreciation or a call to say “thanks” will leave a great impression on your advisor and on Houghton, and it’s the right thing to do.
How do I select a career advisor?
- Go to the Houghton Job Shop
- Log in or create an account.
- Select “Houghton Connects”
- Look through advisor profiles and follow instructions for making contact.