Army ROTC 101
Army ROTC: Leadership Training that lasts a lifetime
Army ROTC is an elective curriculum you take along with your required college classes. It prepares you with the tools, training and experiences that will help you succeed in any competitive environment. Along with great leadership training, Army ROTC can pay for your college tuition, too. You will have a normal college student experience like everyone else on campus, but when you graduate, you will be an officer in the Army.
After Graduating from ROTC, you become an Army Officer
Being an officer in the U.S. Army means you're a leader, a counselor, a strategist and a motivator. It's similar to being a vital manager in a corporation. As an officer, you will lead other Soldiers in all situations and adjust in environments that are always changing. Officers are problem-solvers, key influencers and planners. They are driven to achieve success with their team on every mission.
Army ROTC Benefits
Army ROTC is one of the nation's top leadership programs, with many benefits to joining. Through Army ROTC you can:
- Get help with your college tuition with an Army ROTC scholarship.
- Gain experience you can't find anywhere else.
- Gain the respect of your peers and future employers.
- Train to become a leader and manager.
- Accrue academic credit toward graduation.
- Gain realistic leadership and management experience while still a college student.
- Conduct leadership training as a sophomore or a junior.
- Plan and supervise training as a senior.
- Enhance your resume.
- Become one of the best potential candidates in the eyes of personnel managers.
- Get an opportunity to participate in field trips, marksmanship, confidence and team building, and survival programs.
- Gain broader insight into current world situations.
- Have numerous opportunities for generous scholarships.