Earn your degree in Bible
Houghton's Biblical Studies Program
The Church is facing a lot of hard questions; someone has to be ready to answer them. The Bible major at Houghton College isn’t just about learning what we already know about the Bible. It’s about learning to think as a Christian and to use the Bible to discover the truths that are still untouched.
The Christian Distinctive
Our goal in the biblical studies department at Houghton College is to give students the skills to think about important questions as we seek answers together in Scripture.
Houghton Bible alumni are well-prepared for careers in all levels of pastoral staff. The Bible degree at Houghton prepares students for successful entry into seminary programs including Asbury Theological Seminary, Duke University Divinity School, Fuller Theological Seminary and Princeton Theological Seminary.
Houghton College Highlights
- A dynamic community of Christians living, learning and experiencing life together
- A top nationally-ranked Christian college, as reported by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and the Princeton Review
- Academic programs in over 70 areas of study
- Study abroad opportunities around the world; over 50% of Houghton students study off-campus before they graduate
- Interdisciplinary honors programs
- Beautiful scenic campus in Western New York State
To learn more
Request information today to learn more about Houghton's programs in Bible.