Guest Executive Dinners
The Guest Executive Dinner series at Houghton College brings a steady stream of experienced executives to campus each semester.
This program is designed to help students:
- catch the excitement and spirit of free enterprise
- meet individuals who are succeeding in living out ethical/biblical principles in the marketplace
- further their efforts in networking;
- broaden their exposure to the ever-widening range of industries and opportunities for service; and
- obtain role models for being "salt and light" in the workplace.
Once each month during the semester, a guest executive is on campus and speaks on one or more of these topics. They will usually introduce students to their industry, describe their current responsibilities, and then provide an overview of their career and the challenges they have faced. Then students have a time to interact both formally and informally. The topics discussed include ethics and Christianity in the marketplace, how to best interact with superiors, subordinates, and employees, entrepreneurial strategy, and many others.
These dinners are open to any student on campus.
Upcoming Guest Executive Dinners:
Addie and Andrew Silbert
Addie's Ice Cream and Restaurant