Minor in Business
Many Houghton students have an interest in business courses but wish to pursue majors in other departments. They have an interest in courses that will better prepare them to function in a business, church, educational, or government environment.
We offer a Minor in Business which is designed to appeal to and inform the non-business student and cover a broad range of topics important to perform will in today’s marketplace. The minor is also offered so students may develop the background necessary to apply their major discipline to marketplace environments. Any major at Houghton may be combined with a Minor in Business except the Business Major. Students majoring in accounting automatically have a Minor in Business.
The Department of Business and Economics has designed a broad-based college wide minor to meet these needs.
All courses have the following two prerequisites:
- Spreadsheet Competency and
- 3 credits - Principles of Microeconomics (ECON 210)
- 3 credits – Financial Accounting (ACCT211) or 2 credits Accounting & Finance for Non-Financial Managers (BADM 202)
- 3 credits – Principles of Management (BADM 212)
- 6 credits – your choice of any business courses numbered 200 or above.