Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology: Open field of specialization
Full time. Tenure track. Fall 2014.
Opportunity: The successful candidate will join a department with:
- Over one hundred biology majors
- Motivated students, many with an interest in pre-health fields of study
- Newly renovated facilities
- High quality instrumentation such as capillary genetic analyzer, spectrophotometers (UV-Vis, IR, fluorescence), fluorescence microscope, HPLC and ion chromatographs, GC-mass spectrometer, NMR, micro-calorimeter and PCR and electrophoresis equipment
- The opportunity to participate in the Houghton College Summer Research Institute
- A location in scenic Western New York (Buffalo-Rochester) within 90 minutes of more than 10 state and private colleges, the Finger Lakes region and Niagara Falls
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will teach electives in their field of specialization in addition to core curriculum biology classes for majors and non-majors. Development of a collaborative research program for undergraduate students is also required. Start-up funds for research are available.
Qualifications: A Ph.D. in biology is required. The field of specialization is open, however, those with experience in molecular physiology, human or animal anatomy and physiology, enzymology, endocrinology, and embryology would best complement the expertise of the current faculty. Additional qualities for this position include: commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching, mature Christian faith, strong communication skills, capacity to work with colleagues, and ability to mentor students. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. Houghton College is a nationally ranked liberal arts and sciences institution by U.S. News and World Report. For more information visit Faculty Openings page.
Salary and Academic rank will be determined based on experience.
Questions about this specific position should be directed to Aaron Sullivan, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Biology at firstname.lastname@example.org.