One year Interim position. Academic Year 2012-2013.
The successful candidate will join a department with:
- Over one hundred biology majors
- High-quality students, the majority of whom come to Houghton to pursue pre-medical and other pre-health profession majors
- State-of-the-art facilities
- High quality biological and chemical instrumentation including a capillary genetic analyzer, spectrophotometers (UV-Vis, IR, fluorescence), HPLC and Ion Chromatographs, GC-Mass Spectrometer, micro-calorimeter and routine PCR and electrophoresis equipment
- The opportunity to participate in the Houghton College Summer Research Institute
- A location in scenic Western New York (Buffalo-Rochester) within 90 minutes of more than 10 state and private colleges, the Finger Lakes region and Niagara Falls.
Responsibilities: Teach Genetics and/or Molecular and Cellular Biology, as well as one or more core curriculum biology classes for majors and non-majors, such as Fundamentals of Biology or General Biology.
Qualifications: Ph.D. in Biology preferred, although other degree candidates with particularly pertinent training will be considered.
A commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching, a mature Christian faith, strong communication skills, and an ability to advise students are important qualities for this position. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. Houghton College is a U.S. News and World Report nationally-ranked Christian liberal arts and sciences institution. For more information about Houghton College, visit www.houghton.edu.
Rank and salary: commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications.
Applications: Visit www.houghton.edu/campus/human-resources/employment/faculty-openings/and follow the Procedure for Applicants to submit completed application. Please send current CV, full contact information for three references to email@example.com.
For technical questions related to this position, please contact Keith Horn, Associate Dean of Natural Science and Math at firstname.lastname@example.org.