Audio Visual Department
The Audio Visual Department provides the Houghton College community with access to a collection of instructional equipment and a wide range of audio and video services. The management of AV resources includes:
- Equipment research and upgrades
- Equipment checkout program
- Equipment maintenance
- Production services
- Duplication services
- Technology training
- Equipment setup
- Mini-DV Digital Video Cameras
- IT Projectors (computer projector, Powerpoint projector)
- Slide Projectors
- Projection Screens
- 16mm Motion Picture projectors
- Audio Cassette Recorders
- CD players
- Phonograph Players
- DVD Players
- VHS Tape Players
- HD Camcorders
- Digital Camera
- Other miscellaneous items
- Equipment Check Out
- Passport Photos (B&W or color)
- Audio Production Services
- Video Production Services
- Editing and Format Transfers
- Technology Assistance
- Other Miscellaneous Services
The Audio Visual Staff offers technical assistance to our College clients who request help. Help is available at three levels.
- Users of AV equipment can receive instruction from AV staff on how to operate items of equipment.
- Certain equipment, such as portable sound systems, must be operated by AV staff.
- Users can request an AV staff member to provide support for their event. The staff member will provide equipment set up, operation, and tear-down services. Request for AV staff assistance must be received at least 14 days before the scheduled event. This allows time to arrange for staff member availability, and equipment availability, as well as to ensure all requests are tracked appropriately. Events may be arranged by sending the below form via email to email@example.com.
- At times users experience difficulty with technology due to malfunction. These incidents may be reported directly to AV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio Visual equipment is available for checkout to all college employees.
A number of methods can be used by college employees to checkout equipment.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: ext: 4740 or 585-567-9474
- Online requests (login with your network credentials at support.houghton.edu)
Students may check out equipment with faculty approval.
Due to the high demand of certain items, we strongly recommend reserving items in advance. Reservations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.