Email Signature Instructions
Follow the instructions below to setup your Houghton College email account with the proper branded email signature:
- Open Outlook and log in to your email account
- On the top menu bar select "File"
- Select "Options"
- Select tab for "Mail"
- In the "Compose messages" section, choose the Signatures button to create a new signature or edit an existing signature following the formatting below.
First M. Last, Ph.D. (Arial 9pt bold)
Job Title (Arial 9pt)
One Willard Avenue | Houghton, NY 14744(Arial 9pt)
Phone: 585.567.9500 xXXXX | Fax: 585.567.9668 | www.houghton.edu (Arial 9pt)
- Put the cursor where you would like to insert the image, then choose the insert image button located near the end of the tool bar.
- A pop-up window will ask you to locate the file, for the file name copy and paste this web address:
(you will need to copy this address before you start the process as once you go to the signatures window you cannot come back to copy this address)
- You may be asked to log in using your Houghton College ID and password, you will be told that you cannot edit this, and should open it as read-only >> select OK.
- Confirm that this signature is set as default for new messages and replies/forwards
- Choose okay and create a new email and your signature should automatically be at the bottom of the email.