Student HelpDesk Technician Job Description
Position Title: Student HelpDesk Technician
Reporting: Reports to the HelpDesk Coordinator and Fulltime Technician.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving or assigning software, hardware, and network requests received via walk in, phone, or e-mail.
- Checking and responding to voicemail.
- Moving requests toward resolution by completing them or encouraging others to complete them.
- Installing or updating software on user’s computers.
- Notifying users that equipment is ready to be picked up.
- Visiting college employees for problem solving, training, or equipment delivery/pick up.
- Pursue self-education/development to enhance skills and abilities.
- Other tasks that will be assigned as needed.
- Completion of at least one semester of study at Houghton before employment begins.
- Working knowledge of current software used by Houghton College (i.e. Microsoft operating systems and Office products).
- Good customer service skills.
- Good technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Aptitude for training and developing customers.
- Self-confidence and a good work ethic.
- Ability to proactively identify tasks that need to be done.
- Multitasking skills and ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to work as a team.
- General knowledge of computer hardware and networking preferred.
- Macintosh experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a customer service environment preferred.