Field Placement Officer/Assessment Coordinator
Full time contracted position (10.5 months). Non-tenure track, faculty status, combination of administrative and instructional/supervisory duties (commensurate with experience). Begins January 2013.
- Master’s degree or higher in an education-related field
- Holds (or is eligible to hold) teaching credentials in NYS
- Masterful organizational skills; expertise with programs such as Excel
- Excellent public-relations/communication skills; ability to interface positively, promptly and proactively with area PK-12 administrators and teachers
- Effective mentoring, advising skills. Demonstrates effective conflict resolution skills.
- PK-12 teaching experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a classroom teacher
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, foster and maintain professional collaborative relationships with administrators and teachers in PK-12 school districts.
- Coordinate all aspects of student teaching placements, practicum placements, and observation experiences for students across all majors in education.
- Track required contact hours for all education students across the program
- Oversee work and athletic petitions for student teachers
- Track student teacher performance data for internal purposes and for (TEAC) accreditation purposes.
- Serve as the departmental assessment coordinator
- Become familiar with Trac-Dat system; report departmental data to the Office of Institutional Assessment on campus
- Track data for accreditation (TEAC) purposes, including student teacher performance data, portfolio performance data, student progress through various checkpoints in the major, dispositional data on current students, periodic alumni and employer surveys, etc.
- Oversee orientation of practicum students
- Work collaboratively with Education Faculty members to coordinate senior student teaching orientation
- Coordinate “Topics in Professionalism” – state mandated training workshops for all Education majors
- Serve as an academic advisor to students
- Supervise junior and/or senior education students in field placements
- Teach education courses (commensurate with experience)
- Other related duties as assigned
To apply: follow “Procedure for Applicants.”
Applications received prior to October 12, 2012 will receive preferential review.