Back To Top
Back to Directory
Assistant Professor of Biology; Director of Pre-Health Professions
Send Me An Email
- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University (2008)
- M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison (2002)
- B.S., Olivet Nazarene University (1999)
- Pathogenic Microbes
- Fundamentals of Human Biology
- Science Honors
- Senior Capstone in Biology
- Collaborative Research in Biology
- Chlamydia Basic Research Society
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Society for Reproductive Immunology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
Publications & Presentations:
- Potter J.L., G.A. Jarvis, M.H. Roberts, and M.D. Cooper. 2008. Identifying the cytokine response and Toll-like receptor expression in genital epithelial cell co-infection by Herpes Simplex Virus and Chlamydia trachomatis. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. In process.
- Quan D.N., M.D. Cooper, J.L. Potter, M.H. Roberts, H. Cheng and G.A. Jarvis. 2008. TREM-2 binds to lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and is expressed on reproductive tract epithelial cells. Mucosal Immunology 1:229-238.
- Potter J.L., M.H. Roberts, C.M. Bivens and M.D. Cooper. 2004. Cytokine response in cultured genital epithelial cells with co-infections by C. trachomatis and HSV-2 (poster). European Society for Chlamydia Research. Budapest, Hungary. Sept 1, 2004
- Potter J.L., M.H. Roberts, C.M. Bivens and M.D. Cooper. 2004. Cytokine response in cultured genital cells to co-infections by C. trachomatis and HSV-2 (poster). American Society of Reproductive Immunology. St Louis, MO, USA June 3, 2004
- Potter J.L., M.K. Nakhla, L. Mejia, and D.P. Maxwell. 2003. PCR and DNA hybridization methods for specific detection of bean-infecting begomoviruses in the Americas and Caribbean. Plant Disease. 87:1205-1212.
- Martínez Y., M. Quiñones, D. Fonseca, J.L. Potter, and D.P. Maxwell. 2002. First report of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus infecting bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) in Cuba. Plant Disease 86:814.
- Potter J.L., M.K. Nakhla, L. Mejia, and D.P. Maxwell. 2001. Specific PCR and DNA Hybridization Methods for Detection of Bean-Infecting Geminiviruses (poster). American Phytopathological Society Caribbean Division, Havana, Cuba. Phytopathology. Online: http://www.apsnet.org/meetings/div/cr01abs.asp. March, 2001.
- Potter J.L., M.M. Roca de Doyle, M.K. Nakhla, and D.P. Maxwell. 2000. First Report and Characterization of Rhynchosia golden mosaic virus in Honduras. Plant Disease 84(9):1045-1045.