Instructor of Management; Professional in Human Resources
- Business & Economics
- Follow Me On Facebook
- M.S., Stony Brook University (2019) Human Resource Management
- M.S., Eastern University (2006)Non Profit Management
- B.A., Messiah College (1995) Political Science
- Staffing & Performance Management
- International Business
- Society of Human Resource Management
- National Society for Experiential Education
- Served as Peace Corps Volunteer in Ecuador
- Managed the screening, placement, member care of shorter term international volunteers for a faith based organization.
- Created and teach Staffing and Performance Management online course
- Provide leadership to institutional civic engagement and community engagement efforts alongside students, staff, and faculty.
- Managed relationships with large coalition private, public, and nonprofit sector organizations focused on workforce development and literacy
- Collaboratively created and implemented Celebrate Service Celebrate Allegany- the largest single day of service for colleges in the region.
- Co-chair Leadership Allegany - a development opportunity for professionals that involves collaboration between the Chamber of Commerce, Houghton College, and Alfred State.
- Developed new Leadership Minor and teach capstone course.
Why I Teach at Houghton
I teach at Houghton because I firmly believe in the mission and the vision of the college- and the place for a Christian education in which content is integrated with faith. This approach to learning has been integral to my own professional and personal development. It is a privilege to, in turn, model this approach to others. My teaching approach seeks to encourage ways for all members of the class to learn from each other- as well as from course content and media.
- Human Resource Management
- Civic Engagement
- Cultural Competency
- Learning from Disaster: Three Models to Engage Students in Disaster Relief. Engaged Scholarship Working Paper Series, Vol. III. (2014)
- “Leveraging Prime Campus Real Estate to Build a Culture of Civic Engagement.” Campus Compact 30th Anniversary National Conference 2016.
- “Learning from Disaster: Three Models to Engage Students.” National Society for Experiential Education 2014.
I enjoy spending time with my family. Other interests include hiking: Letchworth State Park is a favorite destination. Favorite activities include mountain biking, running, and generally being outside.