Back to Directory
Assistant Professor & Chair, Department of Sport, Recreation, & Wellness; Director of Wilderness Adventures
Send Me An Email
- Ph.D., Indiana University (2015)
- M.Ed., Westminster College (2008)
- B.S., Houghton College (2001)
- Facilitation Techniques in Therapeutic Recreation
- Horsemanship I and II
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Fitness for Life
- Leisure, Work and Society
- Assistant Professor of Recreation
Houghton College, Houghton NY (2015-present)
- Charles Hartsoe Fellow
National Recreation Foundation, Bloomington IN (2013-2015)
- Associate Instructor
Indiana University, Bloomington IN (2012-2015)
- Project Assistant
Indiana University Eppley Research Institute, Bloomington IN (Fall 2012)
- Camp Director (Summers)
Houghton College Equestrian Camp, Houghton NY (2011-present)
- Youth Enrichment Senior Manager
Accord Corporation Youth Services Division, Belfast NY (2010-2012)
- Adjunct Faculty of Recreation and Equestrian Studies
Houghton College, Houghton NY (Jan. 2010-May 2010)
- Assistant Professor of Recreation and Equestrian Studies
Houghton College, Houghton NY (Aug. 2011-May 2012)
16-Day Coastal Kayak course, Georgian Bay, Canada (May 2011, June 2010)
- Adjunct Instructor
Westminster College, New Wilmington PA (Fall 2008-Spring 2009)
Titan Traverse Leadership Development Program, New Wilmington PA (2005-2009)
- Cultural Geography
- Humanities GIS
- International Tourism
- Perspective Transformation
- Place Attachment
- “’I Came Back Different’: A Narrative Analysis of Change and Transformation in the Desert Wilderness of Oman.” 2014 Adventure Conference. Fjord, Sogndal, Norway. Nov. 2014.
- “Transcendent Experiences and Settings: The Role of Activity and Setting in Experiential Education.” Alexeichik, L.D. et. al. Association for Experiential Education International Conference. Chattanooga, TN. 2014.
- “Considering the Aspect of Reentry in a Non-Traditional Semester-long Off-Campus Program.” 2014 Adventure Research Symposium. Bloomington, IN. 2014.
- “The Space Between: using Liminality in Adventure Tourism to Consider Identity, Risk, & Reentry.” 2013 Adventure Conference. Isle of Sky, Scotland UK. 2013.
- “Leading and Facilitating Group Discussion in the Classroom.” Doctoral seminar: Higher Education in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies. Bloomington, IN. 2013.
- “If You Really Knew Me.” Alexeichik, L.D. & Frawley, E.H. Accord Corporation: Youth Summit. Allegany County High Schools, NY. 2013.
- “Using Liminality in Adventure Education.” Doctoral seminar: Leisure Behavior Poster presentation. Bloomington, IN. 2012.
- “Shalom Through Play and Spiritual Development in Adventure Education.” Alexeichik, L.D. & Jennings-Martin, J. Summer Institute, Master’s in Higher Education faculty and students. Geneva College, PA. 2008.
- “Why Adventure Education?” Alexeichik, L.D. & Jennings-Martin, J. Summer Institute: Coalition for Christian Outreach Staff. Geneva College, PA. 2008.
- “Consider Judgment and Decision-Making for Instructors during Long-Term Expedition Experiences.” Alexeichik, L.D. et. al. CCO Outdoor Leadership Team Staff Training Institute. Ligonier, PA. 2006.
- “Leave No Trace: Stewardship in the woods.” 2006 Christian Wilderness Leaders Coalition Conference. Montreat, NC. 2006.
- Various Class Speaking Engagements and Trainings. Houghton College, Indiana University, and Westminster College. 2005-2014.