The following are paid holidays for the 2015-16 Academic Year:
- Independence Day: July 3, 2015
- Thanksgiving: November 25th through November 27th (Wednesday - Friday)
- Christmas: December 21st through December 25th (Monday - Friday)
- New Year's: January 1, 2016
- Good Friday: March 25, 2016
- Memorial Day: May 30, 2016
Notifications of any changes, due to Houghton College registration or other causes, will be given by the Human Resources Office at least 30 days in advance.
All full time employees and part time employees regularly scheduled to work 20 hours per week or more are eligible for holidays. Employees required to work on a holiday will be given a discretionary holiday to be approved by their immediate supervisor. Double pay for holidays worked is not permitted.
If a holiday falls within an employee’s vacation period or sick leave, the day of the holiday will not count against the vacation period or sick leave.