The following are paid holidays for the 2013-14 Academic Year:
- Independence Day: July 4. 2013
- Thanksgiving: November 27th through November 29th (Wednesday - Friday)
- Christmas: December 23rd through December 27th (Monday - Friday)
- New Year's: January 1st
- Good Friday: April 18, 2014
- Memorial Day: May 26, 2014
Notifications of any changes, due to Houghton College registration or other causes, will be given by the Human Resources Office at least 30 days in advance.
All full time employees and part time employees regularly scheduled to work 20 hours per week or more are eligible for holidays. Employees required to work on a holiday will be given a discretionary holiday to be approved by their immediate supervisor. Double pay for holidays worked is not permitted.
If a holiday falls within an employee’s vacation period or sick leave, the day of the holiday will not count against the vacation period or sick leave.