Saturday May 12, 2018
Commencement Speaker: Dr. Richard Mouw
Richard John Mouw is an American theologian and philosopher. He held the position of President at Fuller Theological Seminary for 20 years (1993–2013), and continues to hold the post of Professor of Faith and Public Life. Dr. Mouw is a Houghton College alumnus, class of 1961.
Weekend Schedule May 2018
Friday, May 11
- 8:00-9:30 a.m. | Breakfast (tickets required) Dining Hall
- 9:45 a.m. | Rehearsal (for graduates) Wesley Chapel
- 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. | Lunch (tickets required) Dining Hall
- 2:00 p.m. | Senior Equestrian Show Equestrian Center
- 4:30–6:30 p.m. | Dinner (tickets required) Dining Hall
- 6:30 p.m. | Baccalaureate (open seating) Wesley Chapel
- 8:00 p.m. | Class of 2018 Reception (For seniors, families and faculty) Van Dyk Lounge
- 9:30 p.m. | Senior Class “SPOT” Wesley Chapel
Saturday, May 12
- 7:30–9:15 a.m. | Breakfast (tickets required) Dining Hall
- 10:00 a.m. | Commencement (tickets required) Wesley Chapel
- Noon | Reception Quad
Rain Location: Reinhold Campus Center
- The doors will open at 9:00 a.m. to ticketed guests. Please do not save seats for friends or family without tickets.
- At 9:45 a.m. remaining seats open to guests without tickets.
- Overflow seating is available in the Center for the Arts Recital Hall and Instrumental Rehearsal Hall. The ceremony will also be broadcast via television on the main and lower levels of the Campus Center.
- Please do not take food or beverages into Wesley Chapel.
- The Commencement Reception will begin immediately following the ceremony. Academic departments and areas will be represented on the Quad. In the case of rain, this will be held in the Campus Center.
Guest Housing & Meals
Registration for on-campus housing and meals is open.