Equestrian Center Facilities
Located on 386 acres of farmland on a scenic ridge with a glorious view of the Genesee River valley, the complex includes:
- indoor arena 100' x 220'
- five barns with 51 box stalls
- multiple pastures ranging from three to seven acres
- 60' x 145' indoor arena with heated viewing/classroom attached
- 120' x 240' outdoor stadium jumping ring
- 20m x 60m dressage arena with a permanent judge's stand
All arenas have state-of-the-art footing of sand and shredded rubber.The facilities also include introductory, beginner-novice, novice and training level cross country jumps and scenic trails that wind through the woods and around hayfields.
Students planning to bring horses to college need to check with the program director for stall availability.
Board charges reflect the college's actual costs.
Those that are going to be attending Houghton in the upcoming semester and are interested in working at the barn can contact the chore-crew chief with any questions.