Selected Resources on Faith and Justice
Immigration and Refugees
- Carroll R., M. Daniel. (2008). Christians at the Border: Immigration, the Church, and the Bible. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
- Edwards, Jr., James R. (2007). "A Biblical Perspective on Immigration Policy." In Swain, Carol M. (Ed.). Debating immigration (pp. 46-62). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Hoffmeier, James K. (2009). The Immigration Crisis: Immigrants, aliens, and the Bible. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books.
- Groody, Daniel G. (2008). A promised land, a perilous journey: Theological perspectives on migration. Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame Press.
- Groody, Daniel G. (2007). Border of death, valley of life: An immigrant journey of heart and spirit (celebrating faith: Explorations in Latino spirituality and theology series). Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Inc..
- Soerens, Matthew, Jenny Hwang, and Leith Anderson. (2009). Welcoming the stranger: Justice, compassion, and truth in the immigration debate. Downers Grove, Il: InterVarsity Press.
- Stearns, Richard. (2009). The hole in our Gospel: What does God expect of us? The answer that changed my life and might just change the world. Nashville, Tn: Thomas Nelson, Inc..
- Wolterstorff, Nicholas. (2011). Justice in love: Emory University studies in law and religion. Grand Rapids, Mi: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
- Wolterstorff, Nicholas. (2008). Justice: Rights and wrongs. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Wolterstorff, Nicholas. (2004). Educating for shalom. Grand Rapids, Mi: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
- Wolterstroff, Nicholas. (1983). Until justice and peace embrace: The Kuyper lectures for 1981 delivered at the Free University of Amsterdam. Grand Rapids, Mi: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
- Wolterstorff, Nicholas, Mark Gornick, and Greg Thompson. (2011). Hearing the call: Liturgy, justice, and world. Grand Rapids, Mi: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
- Groody, Daniel G. (2009). Crossing the divide: Foundations of a theology of migration and refugees. Theological Studies, 70 (2), 638-667.
- Hoover, Denns, (Ed.) (2011). The Review of Faith and International Affairs: Christian perspectives on US immigration policy, Vol 9 (1), Spring 2011.; is titled.
- Meilaender, Peter C. (2008). "Immigration and the kingdom of the left hand." Journal of Lutheran Ethics (http://www.elca.org/What-We-Believe/Social-Issues/Journal-of-Lutheran-Ethics/Issues/December-2008/Immigration-and-the-Kingdom-on-the-Left-Hand.aspx).
- Meilaender, Peter C. (2008). "Loving our neighbors, both far and near." Christian Reflection(http://www.baylor.edu/content/services/document.php/66496.pdf).
- Melkonian-Hoover, Ruth. (2011). Christian conflict and consensus in the immigration debate. The Review of Faith and International Affairs. 9 (1). 1-3.
- Mullen, Shirley. (2003). Can we educate for justice is a pluralistic society? Educating for Justice: Liberal Education and the Development of Just Members of Society, 2, 29-32.
- The Geneseo Migrant Center in Geneseo New York has an online resource library including literature about and by migrants visit:http://www.geneseomigrantlibrary.org and http://www.migrant.net/migrant/publications.htm.
- The Church World Service has a variety of publications and other media available on their resources page. Most are their materials and are in pdf format.
Within this page are subpages with more specific sources such as Advocacy.
Compiled by: Dr. Marcus Dean, Associate Dean of Intercultural, World Languages & Leisure Studies and Chair, Department of Intercultural Studies