2014 Faith & Justice Symposium
"War/Conflict/Violence: Stories of Hope"
September 24-26, 2014
*Wednesday, Sept. 24
- Chapel: Molly Little, Humanitarian Affair, United Nations
*Thursday, Sept. 25
- ‘Engaging the Arts Coffee House from 7-9pm in Van Dyk Lounge
- Music for Justice—Foundation of Hope , Julian Cook and Gospel Choir
- Testimony - Inti Martinez
- Art Display, Screen Printing, Peace Plate Painting, Auction
*Friday, Sept. 26
- Chapel: Rev. Celestin Musekura, President and CEO, African Leadership and Reconciliation Ministries (ALARM) ----'Faith and Justice: Where Peace and Conflict Meet'.
Music by Julian Cook
- Lunch Discussion with Chapel Speaker
- Workshops (Between 1-4pm) - Confirmed Presenters include:
- Rev. Celestin Musekura, ALARM, ‘Building Bridges: Picking up the Pieces after War’
- Han Moe and Lay Lay, Jericho Road Community Health Center, Buffalo/Burma--'Surviving War and Conflict: A Story of Hope'
- Julian Cook, Boston University--'The War in Our Backyard: Violence in the US'
- Jackie Ogega, Catholic Relief Services--'Rape as a Weapon of War'
- Sukhdeep Brar, Senior Education Specialist, The World Bank--'Impact of War/Conflict on Development--Education, Agriculture and Health Sectors’
- Chris Palusky, Senior Director, Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs, World Vision International—‘Do No Harm: Humanitarian Responses and Issues in War-Torn Regions’
- Reception at 4:15pm in Campus Center
- Movie in Recital Hall at 7:30/8pm