Houghton's intercultural studies program will prepare you to serve in such fields as community development, relief, health services, education, general missions, evangelism, church planting, theological education, administration, Bible translation, and literacy in both nearby and global cross-cultural settings.
In a recent survey of Houghton graduates, several alumni shared these thoughts about what Houghton provided to prepare them well for a career in missions:
- "a broad understanding of life and other cultures"
- "an excellent Bible and theological training"
- "a place to learn to think, be spiritually fed, and make good friends"
- "a true sense of community, servant scholars, faculty role models"
Hundreds of Houghton alumni serve in dozens of the top mission agencies today, including: Wycliffe (Bible translation), SIM, Wesleyan World Missions, HCJB World Radio. Hundreds more serve diligently in the front lines of cross-cultural missions as translators, doctors, educators, evangelists, broadcasters, relief workers, and more.
A Houghton education will also prepare you well for graduate studies. Among the graduate schools our alumni have attended are:
- SUNY Geneseo
- Buffalo State University
- University of Buffalo
- Alfred University
- Mansfield State University (PA)
- St Bonaventure University
- University of South Carolina
- Nazareth College
- Regent University
- Wheaton College Graduate School
- Fuller Theological Seminary
- Asbury Theological Seminary
- Trinity International University