Earn your degree in Mathematics
Houghton's Math Program
The Houghton College mathematics program challenges students in an academically rigorous environment while providing opportunities for teaching, service and research. Students pursuing a mathematics degree further their learning beyond the classroom by publishing papers or presenting talks at regional and national mathematics conferences. Opportunities for teaching and service abound as students work as teaching assistants and tutors while others serve with organizations such as Upward Bound and AmeriCorps.
Students who wish to obtain teaching certification in secondary mathematics should complete both a Mathematics major and a major in Adolescence Education.
The Christian Distinctive
Earn your degree in mathematics in the context of our strong Christian liberal arts education. Integrate your Christian faith into the classroom and learn from expert faculty committed to your academic, personal and spiritual development.
About one-third of mathematics alumni pursue careers in education-related fields at all levels, while others find careers in areas such as actuarial science, industry, finance, banking, law, computer science and business. A degree in mathematics at Houghton College can open doors to many careers!
Houghton College Highlights
- A dynamic community of Christians living, learning and experiencing life together
- A top nationally-ranked Christian college, as reported by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and the Princeton Review
- Academic programs in over 70 areas of study
- Study abroad opportunities around the world; over 50% of Houghton students study off-campus before they graduate
- Interdisciplinary honors programs, including a science honors program
- Learn from experts in the scientific community through our science and math colloquia
- Collaborative research opportunities in our summer research institute
- Beautiful scenic campus in Western New York State
To learn more
Request information today to learn more about Houghton's programs in mathematics.