Master of Arts in Music
Candidates should normally possess a bachelor of music degree.
The candidate should prepare two to three pieces from the repertoire of the major instrument or voice representing his or her current level of ability.
- To admit talented, well-educated musicians ready for further growth as performers, teachers, composers, and advocates of high-quality musical endeavor in a variety of settings
- To assist students with increased technical and aesthetic mastery of their chosen musical discipline
- To guide students toward an articulate philosophical integration of biblical Christian faith with the act of music-making
- To encourage musical exploration outside the bounds of the student’s past experiences and preferences
- To encourage students to understand and articulate the thoughts behind stylistic preferences, philosophies, and musical choices