Master of Music in Collaborative Performance
Should normally possess a bachelor of music degree or its equivalent, demonstrate strong interest and ability in collaborative performance, have substantial ensemble and/or solo repertoire in their résumé, and have good sight-reading ability. For collaborative arts majors, acceptable entering performance levels will be based on the applied levels required of Houghton College BM students for completion of the undergraduate curriculum in music education.
- Beethoven: first movement of any violin/piano sonata
- Schubert (all songs in the original key): Ganymed, (Ab Major); Erstarrung (c minor)
- Debussy (all songs in the original key): Il pleure dans mon coeur (g# minor), Chevaux de Bois (E Major)
- One significant solo work for piano representative of the major repertory, and which suitably demonstrates the applicant's musical and technical accomplishments.
- A first movement of a major concerto.
- A movement of an unaccompanied work by Bach.
- One other piece of the auditionee’s choice.
Students may bring their own collaborative partners for the audition if so desired. Upon request, Houghton College will provide collaborative partners if the request is made at least one month in advance of the scheduled audition date.