Bachelor of Arts online degree available
Convenient and customizable non-cohort model to allow for individualized planning
with six start dates per year.
or less to graduate with full-time & part-time options available
Learn more about Houghton’s online programs today
About the Criminal Justice Degree
Criminal justice at Houghton takes a comprehensive approach to the ethical, psychological, and social aspects of criminal behavior and current policies at control. Investigate the historical roots of and responses to criminal behavior in the United States, the development of the modern legal system, and determine possibilities for prevention, restorative justice, and more.
A criminal justice degree is for:
- Individuals seeking to enter the criminal justice field and need a bachelor's degree to open doors.
- Individuals already working in the criminal justice field and seeking to further their education.
Skills and knowledge acquired:
- Address the history of and concerns related to social justice in the modern legal system.
- Engage in discussion of significant contemporary concepts and issues – including development of an individual or group research project and professional preparation – in a senior capstone seminar.
- Integrate theory with professional practice with hands-on learning during an internship experience in a criminal justice setting.
- Go in-depth in subjects such as criminal law, juvenile justice, environmental crime and justice, and more.
To qualify for admission, students must meet the following criteria:
Recent High School Grads
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Reference Form
- High School Transcript
- ACT/SAT scores
- Online Application
- College Transcripts (AND high school transcript if applicant does not possess an associate degree)
Applying is easy!
An admission counselor is standing by to answer your questions. View our checklist and more to get started.
Potential Career Options
- Forensic science
- International criminal justice
- Law enforcement
- Victim and family advocacy
Program requirements & course details
* The following courses are in addition to general education requirements for Houghton's Bachelor of Arts degree.
|Core Courses (19-20 credits)||Criminal Justice Major Electives (17-18 credits)|
Houghton College Online Degree
|36-38 within Criminal Justice major|
|46 general education|
|87 maximum transfers allowed|
Online program facts.
No Required Class or Login Times
Complete your degree when it's convenient for you
Full Time or Part Time
Flexible options allow you to maintain employment if desired
Professors challenge you to apply learned material instead of rote memorization