B.S. OR B.B.A.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Business Administration Online degrees available
Convenient and customizable non-cohort model to allow for individualized planning
with six start dates per year.
or less to graduate with full-time & part-time options available
Learn more about Houghton’s online programs today
About the Human Resources Management Degree
Students will learn about the ethical, legal and social factors that shape today’s workforce. Courses will cover a variety of subjects, from recruitment and training to labor laws, compensation and benefits. Houghton’s online HR management degree is the logical next step for any student looking to begin a career in HR management.
A human resources degree is for:
- Experienced human resources professionals seeking a Human Resources Management degree to move up the HR career ladder.
- Experienced business professionals seeking entry into human resources administration.
- Individuals who have completed some college coursework or have applicable work experience.
HR skills acquired:
- Interviewing and hiring employees.
- Developing personnel policies with top management.
- Managing employee benefits.
- Investigating and resolving grievances.
- Maintaining confidential records and personnel files.
- Coordinating equipment acquisition and IT access.
- Preparing new hire manuals and conducting orientation.
To qualify for admission, students must meet the following criteria:
- At least 63 transfer hours
- 2 years of work experience
- Minimum 2.0 GPA*
*An applicant with deficiencies in some of these areas may be offered admission with appropriate evidence supporting the student’s ability to succeed.
Applying is easy!
An admission counselor is standing by to answer your questions. View our checklist and more to get started.
Potential Career Options
- Benefits & Compensation
- Employee Relations
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Training & Development
Program requirements & course details
|HR Management Courses||Common Core Courses|
Houghton College Online Degree
|40 within HR Management major|
|36 general education|
|84 maximum transfers allowed|
Every single course I have taken has impacted my professional experiences. I have learned how to train professionals more efficiently and manage projects more effectively."
Sarah Elleman, Class of 2016
Online program facts.
No Required Class or Login Times
Complete your degree when it's convenient for you
Full Time or Part Time
Flexible options allow you to maintain employment if desired
Professors challenge you to apply learned material instead of rote memorization