A group of parents of current Houghton College students volunteering to serve in a supportive role with other HC parents, Council members serve as liaisons between Houghton College parents and the College, helping parents get connected to the on-campus resources they need in order to answer questions and get support for themselves and their college students.
If you are a parent with a concern or question, please contact the College directly or contact any of the Council members.
Role of the Council
- Provide information and support to current Houghton parents;
- Serve as an advisory group, communicating with College administrators on ways in which to improve service to students and their families;
- To serve as ambassadors on behalf of the College.
Council members commit to
- Being accessible by phone or e-mail for contact by parents;
- Providing referral information which puts parents in touch with appropriate on-campus resources in a timely and helpful manner;
- Following up with parents to assure that they received the needed support or information;
- Providing appropriate feedback to College personnel so as to assure continuing improvement of services to students and their families;
- Praying for our students and their families;
- Evaluating and providing feedback to the College on communication strategies for current and prospective parents, including the Parents’ e-newsletter, the on-line Parents’ Handbook, the parents’ web-page, prospective parent mailings and other marketing tools;
- Identifying parents to serve as hosts, representatives and/or panelists for parents’ programs at various College-sponsored events, including the Spring "Transitions 101: Welcome Days", the Fall Orientation Dedication Service, the Fall Family Weekend and Spring Commencement.
Parents Council Members
Mike and Shari Miller
Moravia, NY 13118
Daniel and Kathleen Munkittrick
Manotick, ON K4M 1B4
Chris and Lisa Durrance
Derby, NY 14047
Allegany, NY 14706