A group of parents of current Houghton College students volunteering to serve in a supportive role with other HC parents, Council members serve as liaisons between Houghton College parents and the College, helping parents get connected to the on-campus resources they need in order to answer questions and get support for themselves and their college students.
If you are a parent with a concern or question, please contact the College directly or contact any of the Council members.
Role of the Council
- Provide information and support to current Houghton parents;
- Serve as an advisory group, communicating with College administrators on ways in which to improve service to students and their families;
- To serve as ambassadors on behalf of the College.
Council members commit to
- Being accessible by phone or e-mail for contact by parents;
- Providing referral information which puts parents in touch with appropriate on-campus resources in a timely and helpful manner;
- Following up with parents to assure that they received the needed support or information;
- Providing appropriate feedback to College personnel so as to assure continuing improvement of services to students and their families;
- Praying for our students and their families;
- Evaluating and providing feedback to the College on communication strategies for current and prospective parents, including the Parents’ e-newsletter, the on-line Parents’ Handbook, the parents’ web-page, prospective parent mailings and other marketing tools;
- Identifying parents to serve as hosts, representatives and/or panelists for parents’ programs at various College-sponsored events, including the Fall Orientation Dedication Service, the Fall Family Weekend and Spring Commencement.
Parents Council Members
Chris & Lisa Durrance
Ellen & Randy Hatch
Charlotte & Albert Morse
Danie & Kathy Munkittrick
Diane & Keith Palmer
Lynn & Tim Rigby