Do you wonder what your son or daughter might need when attending Houghton College? This list will get you started!
- Spiritual Life at Houghton
- Area Churches – check out the number of churches within driving distance of Houghton. Address, phone number and web site (if available) are listed.
Find out about services provided, flu/disease updates, prevention and management.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Campus Life – financial aid, local churches, housing, roommate problems, etc.
- Academic Records Office
- Student Payroll
Residence Life Calendar
Know when the college residences are open and closed. Know when all the breaks are and when various housing deadlines (for picking housing for the next fall) are.
While most students own a cell phone, here is what you may need to know about setting up a phone in residential rooms.
Banking services on campus
Community Bank, NA is located in the Campus Center. Set up a checking or savings account, get direct deposit, use the ATM, etc. Community Bank, NA is located in the Campus Center. They can be reached at 585.567.4763
Study Buddies (spring semester)
The Houghton Volunteer Fire Department and Ambulance Squad provide an opportunity for parents, family, or friends to send a surprise to students for spring finals. Boxes jam packed with snacks and treats arrive to students immediately before finals begin. Each box is accompanied by a note from the purchaser. HVFD volunteers and Houghton college faculty/staff members deliver the boxes to the resident where the student lives. Check out the bottom of the HVFD website for more information and for a download of the most recent Study Buddy brochure. Brochures are mailed out to families in February of each year.
- Location of Stores and Restaurants
- Getting mail at the College Post Office
- Student Parking at Houghton College
- Safety and Security at Houghton College
- Center for Academic Success and Advising (CASA)
- Counseling Center Information
Spring 2014 – Saturday, May 10