Earn your degree in physical & health education
Houghton's Physical & Health Education Program
A degree in physical education from Houghton College will provide you with practical, in-classroom experience, as well as a full semester of student teaching with exposure to both public and private schools as well as home school curricula.
The physical education major and the health & physical education dual certification major are both approved by the New York State Department of Education.
The Christian Distinctive
Members of the physical education faculty offer diverse educational and experiential backgrounds, including teaching, research, athletic training, and coaching. They exemplify servant-scholarship and encourage students to do the same
Houghton alumni with a major in physical education have gone on to careers in teaching, athletic training, physical therapy and more.
Houghton College Highlights
- A dynamic community of Christians living, learning and experiencing life together
- A top nationally-ranked Christian college, as reported by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and the Princeton Review
- Academic programs in over 70 areas of study
- Study abroad opportunities around the world; over 50% of Houghton students study off-campus before they graduate
- Interdisciplinary honors programs
- Beautiful scenic campus in Western New York State
To learn more
Request information today to learn more about Houghton's programs in physical and health education.