HC Job Shop
The HC Job Shop will allow you to:
- Post Job/Internship Openings (while only entering your contact info once!)
- Search for Qualified Candidates from our student/alumni database
- Manage Interview Schedules
- Register for Career Events
Fall Graduate School Expo
This event presents an excellent opportunity to engage Houghton College students about future career, graduate or professional school opportunities. The event is held the first weekend in October in conjunction with the college's Homecoming Weekend, and therefore affords the opportunity for students, alumni, employers and institutions to connect, or re-connect.
You are welcome to interview students and/or alumni on campus. We will arrange for you to conduct interviews in an office or a space within our Campus Center Lounge, (a highly visible area).
Promote your organization through increased student awareness. Consider the following options. Contact Career Services for more information on any of these topics.
Organizational Literature Displays and On-campus Visits. Set up a convenient day to visit.
Spring Employment Day
If you need to hire additional employees or interns, even if only for the summer months, consider participating in our Spring Employment Day, held early in February. This day brings together employers and students seeking employment in a casual atmosphere.
Annual reports and other public relations information is made available by employers either electronically or in hard copy. Feel free to send company literature along with your job postings. Video equipment is also available for students to view company video-taped presentations.
Bridging the Gap: Liberal Arts and the World of Work
- Research suggests that liberal arts graduates make ideal employees. Chief executive officers across the nation issue glowing testimonials about the superior education and capabilities of liberal arts graduates. Yet, many of these liberal arts candidates may still be overlooked by company recruiters who seek personnel with more practical or technical skills.
- Houghton College encourages students to gain internship and practicum experiences through either college-sponsored programs or summer career-related work. In fact, Internships are required within many departments.
- Are you interested in having an intern at your organization? Contact us at Career Services and let us know your need. We will be happy to put you in touch with the appropriate department personnel who can handle your request. We will also list your opportunity on the internships portion of our web page.
- Are you interested in serving as a career mentor? Contact Brian Reitnour, Career Services Coordinator, to discuss this great way to serve.