Following is a collection of Career Services handouts designed to help you get started on your resume, job search, interviews, and graduate school plans. These handouts are also available in the Career Services office. Please feel free to stop by in person if you have questions or would like more personal assistance.
Career Services Handouts
- Resume Writing Guidelines (pdf)
- Cover Letter Guidelines (pdf)
- Interviewing Guidelines (pdf)
- Choosing a Major (pdf)
- Graduate School Planning (pdf)
- Informational Interview (pdf)
Career Library & Resources
Career Services Reference Books
- The Dictionary of Occupational Titles (descriptions of thousands of job titles)
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook (Now Also Available On-Line)
(in depth information about jobs, wages, educational preparation, where the jobs are, future projections, and other helpful topics)
- College Majors and Careers; Liberal Arts Jobs; College Knowledge and Jobs
(great references for questions like; what you can do with your major? what kind of work can you do with a liberal arts degree? etc.)
Additional Career Planning Links:
- Job Choice Online
- Peterson's Online Educational Resource
- Fastweb (Scholarship Opportunities)
- Salary Information (JobStarCentral) Info and links for finding salary ranges, how to negotiate, and hundreds of salary surveys.
- Student Conservation Association the nation's leading provider of conservation service opportunities, outdoor skills and leadership training for young adults.
- Student Center at MonsterTrak provides resume, cover letter, and interviewing guidelines. Also offers geographic and relocation information.
- What Can I Do With This Major Learn about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
Post-graduate Financial Resources
- SALT An industry-leading program that gives your students and alumni tools for managing loans and finding scholarships and jobs.