Read this to determine if you are eligible for intramural play. If you still are not sure after reading this, please ask the intramural director.
- A student whose name appears on a Varsity roster shall be ineligible to play on an intramural team in that sport. A Varsity player that quits the intercollegiate team may not play on a related intramural team.
- Only two (2) ex-Varsity team members may participate on the same intramural team of a like intramural sport.
- Varsity players are those whose name appears on a Varsity sports roster within the last two semesters.
- Red-shirted players are ineligible to participate in intramural sports. Athletes who have become ineligible for a team are ineligible for Intramural sports.
- Only two (2) students that appear on a JV team roster may participate on the same intramural team of a like intramural sport offered in the off- season.
- All participants must have a valid college ID (Students, faculty/staff, faculty/staff family members, or rec. cardholders) to play intramurals.
- There can be no more than 3 non-Houghton College students on a team. **(For A-league teams, this rule is waived).
- There can be no more than 2 non-Houghton College students on the floor/field at a time. **(For A-league teams, this rule is waived).
- No player may participate on two teams of the SAME sport and may NOT switch teams or leagues during the season.
- Final Rosters are due one week after play starts. No additions can be made after that time unless approved my the Intramural Director
- Team captains are responsible to CHECK their team’s eligibility. All games played with an ineligible player will be FORFEITED.