Residence Life & Housing provides intentional, Christ-centered living and learning environments that both challenge and support students in achieving academic success, growing in personal maturity and developing competence to lead and labor faithfully in a changing world.
- Christ-Centered Community: Fostering an environment where Christian faithfulness and integrity are consistently explored and lived out in relationships.
- Whole-Person Learning and Growth: Implementing Residence Life Values, Goals and Outcomes (VGO) in both our programs and daily interactions with the goal of increased student autonomy and interdependence.
- Theory, Research and Assessment: Informing decision-making based on best practices and principles found in the current literature on Student Affairs, Spiritual Formation and the Social Sciences in conjunction with national, institutional and departmental data.
- Responsible Stewardship: Overseeing our facilities, administrative responsibilities and resources with excellence.
- Collaboration and Bridge Building: Collaborating with various departments at Houghton College as well as the surrounding community to provide students with useful programs, services, resources and integrative learning experiences.
Residence Life & Housing at Houghton College strives to achieve excellence in the following areas:
- Fostering student buy-in to the process of learning, growth, and positive change
- Establishing ourselves as a valued partner and asset to departments and organizations on campus.
- Designing and utilizing facilities to support, foster and shape student learning and growth.
- Being recognized as a leader and innovator in Christian Higher Education.