Jr/Sr Advanced Soccer Camp
Ages: 11th and 12th Grade Boys
Location: Houghton College, Burke Field
Dates: Aug. 8-9, 2014
Camp Cost: $125.00
The Jr/Sr Advanced Camp at Houghton College is designed to be a high level teaching and training camp for any high school student entering his junior or senior year.
The camp is designed to provide a soccer experience similar to what they would encounter at the collegiate level. The primary method of training during the camp will be in the 11v11 format in order to teach the necessary technical and tactical requirements of the 4-3-3 system of play. At the end of the camp, each player will receive an assessment filled out by his coach that evaluates the player's ability in the following areas: possession, technical ability, scoring and attacking, defending, and attitude.
|3:30 – 4:30 pm||Registration|
|5:00 pm||Camp meeting in Nielsen PE Center|
|7:00 – 9:00 pm||Evening training session - Burke|
|9:30 – 10:15 pm||Classroom session|
|10:15 – 11:00 pm||Big Al’s open|
|11:30 pm||Lights out in Residence Hall|
|7:00 – 7:30 am||Breakfast|
|8;30 – 9:30 am||Small sided – technical training session - Burke|
|10:00 – Noon||Full sided session – Burke|
|Noon – 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|2:00 – 4:00 pm||Afternoon training session|
|4:30 pm||Closing ceremony|
|5:00 pm||Check out of Residence Hall|
What to bring:
- Molded cleats or turf shoes for turf field and indoor soccer shoes or sneakers
- Sun screen
- Water bottle / Water will be provided
- Linens for the residence hall
- A small backpack or sling bag
- There will be a Certified Athletic Trainer present at all times at the camp. The trainer will be available to meet with you Friday afternoon at Registration if you have any questions or pre-existing injuries.
- There are no applicable discounts for this particular camp as we have already reduced the price appropriately to keep it as affordable as possible.