Summer Equestrian Camp
Have you always wanted to own your own horse? Try adopting one for a week or two instead. Girls ages 10-18 are invited to attend a special riding camp teaching classical horsemanship in dressage, riding over fences, and/or western pleasure. Riders at all levels of experience are welcome.
You may bring your own horse, for no additional charge, or you will adopt a horse for your stay and will be responsible for his care, for cooling him off with a hose bath, for giving him a vacation on a trail ride, and for schooling him in the ring.
The camp schedule includes a short ride after check-in the first evening, twice daily riding lessons Monday through Thursday and a final lesson on Friday morning. Lessons may also be supplemented by trail rides, and/or dismounted lessons. Unlike the traditional rustic camp, you will be living in college dorms, feasting in the college dining hall, and swimming in the school's indoor pool. A van will bring you up to the equestrian center in the morning and will return you to campus for activities such as swimming, ropes course initiatives & games, scavenger hunts, crafts and more.
Camp staff include CHA certified instructor and counselors who are committed Christians and who will strive to make your stay a great one.
Prospective students and incoming freshman that want to get a head start on their riding education are welcome to join us for camp as well.
|Availability for riders using college lesson horses||Availability for riders bringing their own horse
|Girl's Week 1: June 28- July 3, 2015||11 spaces
|Girl's Week 2: July 5-10, 2015||11 spaces
|Girl's Week 3: July 12-17, 2015||13 spaces
|Girl's Week 4: July 19-24, 2015||11 spaces||5 spaces|
|Girl's Week 5: July 26-31, 2015||11 spaces||5 spaces|
|Girl's Week 6: August 2-7, 2015||12 spaces||5 spaces|
- The cost for camp is $700 per week, $675 per additional consecutive weeks
- Early Arrival (prior to 1pm on Sundays): $50
- Airport Shuttle: $50 Pick-up / $50 Drop-off from either Buffalo or Rochester International Airports
- Camper Weekend Stay: $125
Campers that join us over the weekend stay in the dorms with staff, take part in weekend barn chores, have an additional opportunity to ride, and take part in additional fun activities such as: swimming in local waterfalls, summer fairs, watching local horse shows, bowling, the movies, and much more! Please email the Camp Director for more information.
Equestrian Camp Packing List
What you'll need to bring:
- sleeping bag/ pillow or sheets and a blanket for a twin bed
- bathing suit and towel
- warm clothes and rain gear (in case)
- sportswear/sneakers and other casual clothes for non-equestrian activities
- breeches or jeans
- smooth hard-soled shoes or boots for riding (no deep lugs)
- riding helmet (less then 5 years old, ASTM-SEI approved) - college can provide
- Bible, notebook, and pen for devotions and taking notes on riding lessons
- spending money for snacks and souvenirs
- optional: fan (for dorm room), alarm clock