Summer Field Hockey Camp
Experience a top quality overnight team camp you won't forget at the Houghton College Field Hockey Camp! This is a 4-day, 3-night camp experience for ages 9-18. We are confident that you will enjoy the camp and benefit from over 20 hours of instruction from experienced college coaches and players. Our goal is to provide enhanced skill development while assisting student athletes in becoming more knowledgeable of the game.
June 26-29, 2016
Arrival and Departure
Registration will be between 1-2pm on Sunday, June 26. Camp will end at noon on Wednesday, June 29 following the awards ceremony.
- $ for Resident Campers (includes all meals and housing)
- $ for Day Campers (includes lunches and dinners)
- $20 Room Key Deposit (Refundable)
- Early Bird Discount: postmarked by May 15- $20 off for resident campers, $10 off for day campers
- Team Discount: $10 off if 8 or more register from the same school
- Neighbor Discount: $10 off for players from Section 5 and Section 6
- *Total camp discounts are limited to a maximum of $35 off per resident camper and $20 off per day camper*
For Further Information
- Mailing Address:
Hannah Zgrablich, Head Field Hockey Coach
One Willard Avenue, Houghton, NY 14744
- Phone Number: (585) 567-9645
- Email: email@example.com
- Technical training: skill development work
- Tactical training: offensive and defensive skill sets
- Small game play: 2v1, 3v2, 4v3, etc. (including 7v7)
- Evening games: 11v11 with your team
- Campers will receive individualized evaluation with game analysis and specific recommended drills from their camp counselors
- Individualized goalkeeper training for morning and afternoon sessions
- Interested athletes can attend a session on how to improve speed and agility taught by our Sports Performance Instructor
- Interested athletes can attend a recruiting seminar explaining the key points, similarities, and differences of being recruited to D1, D2 or D3 schools
- Free Houghton College Field Hockey T-Shirt
Houghton College has multiple turf surfaces including our multisport stadium turf facility. Field Hockey camp will use our brand new state of the art Kerr-Pegual Field House for opening session and it will also be used as a "poor weather" facility in case of a thunderstorm.
All campers should bring their own hockey sticks, shin guards, and mouth guards. Turfs, cleats or sneakers are recommended. Goalies must bring all their own equipment. Rain gear is recommended.
Required Health Forms
New York State Public Health Law requires that a parent/guardian of all residential campers complete, sign and return the Summer Camp Health Forms.