Wilderness Adventures Mission
Wilderness Adventures strives to provide adventure opportunities to help students in western New York reach their highest potential. We make use of local natural resources and outdoor activities such as backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing, wilderness camping, and the challenge ropes course to facilitate individual student growth and to promote leadership, social maturity, and moral excellence within a group setting.
Who We Are
Wilderness Adventures strives to provide experiential learning opportunities for community members and outside groups. Both indoor and outdoor activities are used to facilitate individual growth, promote leadership development, social interaction, environmental awareness and moral excellence within a group setting.
What Can Wilderness Adventure Provide?
- Custom Design Your Own Program or Experience
- Reserve and Rent Wilderness Adventures Facilities – High / Low Ropes Course & Initiatives, Outdoor Pavilion, Three-sided Lean-tos, Indoor Climbing / Bouldering Wall
- Reserve and Rent WA Equipment – General Camping Equipment, Backpacks, Canoes (whitewater kayaks*), Skis (Downhill & Cross-Country) & Snowboards, Snowshoes
- Wilderness Trip Opportunities – day long to week long programming offered for backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing, skiing, or mixed activity programs.
- Community Outreach – Water Aerobics, Swim Lessons, Certification Courses such as SOLO Wilderness First Aid, American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR/AED, Outings to Letchworth State Park, birdwatching, day hikes, and workshops or lectures with local explorers
Join the Facilitator Team
If you have a passion for people, outdoor adventure and a desire to lead, consider becoming a part of the Houghton Wilderness Adventure facilitator team. Learn the principles and practices of facilitating groups, running trips, and becoming a leader. Students are invited to take part in a variety of trainings, certifications, and leadership opportunities.
Send an email to request information on Wilderness Adventures and the programs we offer.
Schedule a group to reserve the facility.