The management degree at Houghton College provides the background and expertise needed for supervisory and administrative roles.
Who a management degree is for:
- Individuals who wish to enter management and need the training and credentials to open doors and succeed.
- Recognizing the fundamentals of organizing, communication, and teamwork.
- Understand current business management and administration practice.
- Analyze the basic organizational behavior model; explain the application of human resource management and approaches to improve organizational performance.
- Integrate the knowledge of various business disciplines and apply that knowledge to make strategic business decisions.
Why Major in Management?
- Get real-world, hands-on experience in the field with our many student-run business opportunities.
- Study with faculty members who have years of professional business experience in a variety of fields, including (but not limited to) broadcasting, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, nonprofits, banking, public relations, higher education and human resource management.
- Join the 100 percent of Houghton business majors who are employed or in graduate school one year after graduation (according to a survey done in 2014).
Faculty Members with Solid Experience in the Field
Many of our business faculty members have 25 years or more of professional working experience prior to their academic career. Our professors have served as Certified Public Accountants, human resource managers, financial consultants, public relations directors, business analysts, television and radio broadcasters, communication strategy managers, organizational effectiveness consultants, lawyers, and entrepreneurs. The experience they bring into the classroom enriches and validates what students are learning through their coursework.