Houghton College Lyric Theatre is dedicated to creating performance and production opportunities for the benefit and development of college students from across our campus – both music majors and non-music majors alike.
Singers, actors, instrumentalists, technicians and managers are given opportunities to develop their skills and to create high quality productions. We mount at least one production every semester, drawing from both musical theatre and opera.
Through stage productions and scenes recitals, we provide a training ground for our students and reasonably-priced top-quality entertainment to our audiences.
Sorry, no events found.
Meet the Director
Amanda Cox holds a Master of Music in Voice Performance from the University of Miami and a Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance from Houghton College. She is an active performer, director and teacher.View Bio
- Ordinary Days by Adam Gwon
- The Worst One Ever by Gary Belshaw
- The Marriage of Figaro by W. A. Mozart (in Italian)
- Songs for a New World by Jason Robert Brown
- Oklahoma! by Rodgers & Hammerstein
- The Telephone and The Old Maid and the Thief by Gian Carlo Menotti
- I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change by Joe DiPietro & Jimmy Roberts
- The Phantom of the Opera (in concert) by Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Gianni Schicchi by Giacomo Puccini and Bastien und Bastienne by W. A. Mozart
Click on an image to view slideshow.