More than just an adventure trip!
The Highlander Wilderness Adventure program is a 2 credit hour course available only to incoming freshman and transfer students. The Highlander Wilderness Adventure program is intended to be a catalyst for the Highlander process - a process of growth, challenge, and discipleship which finds its beginning long before the program itself and is expected to continue for a lifetime.Learn more about Highlander
Apply for Fall
Monday, August 17 - Thursday, August 27, 2020
Registration begins on Monday, August 17 @ 1:00 PM at the Nielsen Center
Student Invocation Service begins at 2:15 PM
Early Move In Options
Sunday, August 16, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Monday, August 17, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
We are proceeding forward in anticipation of this year’s Highlander course in August. In considering the safety of our students, and due to the uncertain time that we are currently living in, it may be impossible to proceed with our plans in August and need to postpone and reschedule the Highlander Wilderness Adventure program to take place at a future time. Highlander Application
About Highlander Wilderness AdventureFor Additional Information
What it's all about
- The program runs during the last two weeks of August; just prior to the beginning of the first day of Fall classes.
- This unique program will stretch the person physically, socially and spiritually.
- Emphasis is placed upon problem-solving, group interaction and personal reflection, all while living and trekking in the outdoors.
No experience necessary
- This program is designed for the average student. No previous outdoor experience is necessary, but at the same time, the most experienced outdoor adventurer should find it challenging and rewarding.
- Program activities include: ropes initiatives course, backpacking, canoeing, rock-climbing, a solo experience and a 5 mile "marathon".
Program Fee: $700.00
($50 refundable deposit and application is due by July 1, 2020)
Total cost of the program can be billed throughout the year as part of the Tuition Payment System rather than a one-time payment.
*Your Highlander Wilderness Adventure application will not be complete nor can it be reviewed until your $300 enrollment deposit to HC has been paid, as well as the $50 Highlander deposit. At that point, registration is limited to a first come first serve basis.