Houghton University Appoints Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Planning and Compliance

April 28, 2022

Houghton University announced the appointment of Dr. Natasha Davis as the Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Planning and Compliance.

“I have known and worked with Dr. Davis for many years,” said Houghton President, Wayne D. Lewis, Jr. “She is a skilled, hardworking, and passionate leader-scholar. I was excited about her interest in and candidacy for this position, and I am thrilled that a leader of her background, character, and Christian commitment will be joining Houghton’s Executive Leadership Cabinet.”

As an administrator with a background rooted in the arts, Davis brings a unique approach to administration and academic leadership. Using her creative skills, Davis seeks to find new, creative ways to improve upon various aspects of faculty engagement and development, collaborative and engaging scholarship, and academic practices to best equip students, staff and faculty. Davis’ creativity influences her approach to leadership and her ability to be an innovative, collaborative, and committed leader who will support Houghton and its mission. She currently serves as Assistant Dean for the Caudill College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences at Morehead State University in Kentucky.

“The Houghton community has welcomed me with such open arms. I could not be more thrilled to be a part of the growth and development of the college,” said Davis. “I am looking forward to engaging with students, working in partnership with the campus community, and collaborating with the leadership team to ensure the vision and mission of the college fulfills the purposes set forth by God and that we do his will in providing the best Christian education possible. I am humbled by the faith and confidence placed in me by President Lewis, the Board of Trustees, and the entire administrative team.”

In this new role, Davis will facilitate the development and implementation of the college’s next long-term strategic plan and translate Houghton’s strategic vision into actionable initiatives and key performance indicators. Central to her work will be the engagement of the college’s diverse stakeholders in the development of a plan that moves Houghton fearlessly forward into the 21st century.

Davis will also serve as the coordinator for Title IX compliance on campus. With her experience and training in Title IX and her rich experience with students, faculty, and staff, Davis will oversee and coordinate investigations, responses and resolutions to complaints, to include selection and training of Deputy Title IX coordinators across campus.

Davis will begin work this summer.

Natasha Davis