Houghton’s residency requirements remain in effect for all students taking on-campus Mayterm classes. All students are required to remain in and pay for the same type of college housing they occupied during the previous full-time semester(s) except:
- Students who will be commuting from a family member’s home (for Houghton College housing purposes, family is defined as parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles and non-student siblings)
- Students who were approved to live off-campus during the regular academic year
- Students enrolled in a course that is taught away from the main campus
As with housing, all Mayterm students are required to be on the same meal plan level that they were during the spring semester (or fall if a student was abroad). There are no block plans during Mayterm and plans will be converted to their corresponding meals per week plan (ex: 170 Block plan is converted to 14 meals per week).
Mayterm Housing FAQs
Do I need to fill out the Mayterm Housing Form?
- Yes, all students taking a Mayterm class must fill out the Mayterm Housing Form. Mayterm Housing Forms are due by April 3, 2020.
Where will I be living?
- Students who are living on campus for Mayterm will live in one residence hall on gender-specific floors.
- Alternatively, the students who are taking an Equestrian class for Mayterm may live at the College Farm House.
What are my meal plan requirements?
- Students are required to remain on the same meal plan
- There are no block plan options, so these plans will be converted to their equivalent weekly plans
If I want to request a roommate, do we need to be staying for the same amount of weeks?
- Yes, we will be housing people with the same amount of weeks on same floors to simplify checkout procedures
- Roommate requests should be made on the Mayterm Housing Form, and requests need to be mutual (both parties need to submit a form)
If my class is off campus (in another city, state, or country) do I need to fill out the Mayterm Housing Form?
- Yes. There is a section of the form in which you must indicate that your program is off-campus.
How do I change my residency status if I plan to commute during Mayterm?
- Fill out the Mayterm Housing Form and indicate your plans to commute.
- Remember, only students who will be commuting from a family member’s home (for Houghton College housing purposes, family is defined as parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles and non-student siblings) are able to commute. You can print out this form to switch to commuter status: Change To Commuter Status 19 20
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at the Office of Student Life.